The Skirball Cultural Center seeks dynamic, dedicated individuals interested in connecting people across cultures and communities to join the Skirball's volunteer docent corps. Docents are initially trained to facilitate morning school programs in gallery and classroom settings, work with children and adults, and serve as ambassadors for the institution and its programs. After three years of school touring, docents have the opportunity to also present adult tours.
Come together with a community of like-minded people! Participate in regularly scheduled lifelong learning classes about a variety of topics related to the Skirball mission and special exhibitions. Also take field trips together, participate in the annual "Herscher Dialogue" (featuring Uri D. Herscher, the Skirball's Founding President and CEO), and enjoy the annual Hanukkah Brunch for docents as well as other celebrations.
Docents must be able to:
- Be actively engaged for three hours of touring.
- Participate in set-up and take-down of materials.
- Commit to a minimum of four weekday mornings per month.
- Attend class meetings regularly.
- Delight in working with children.
- Open to learning about new educational approaches and techniques.
- Be flexible and collaborative with other educators.
How to Apply
We are not currently accepting docent applications. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.